Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MUSIC WE LOVE: Videos of Michel Gondry

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS - CAROL BROWN


THE WHITE STRIPES - FELL IN LOVE WITH A GIRL


DAFT PUNK - AROUND THE WORLD


OUI OUI - LES CAILLOUX


Isn't it great when two of your favorite things combine? This past episode of Flight of the Conchords was directed by one of my favorite directors (and probably yours too) Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunhine, Science of Sleep, Be Kind Rewind). No, I don't only like him because he's french. I began liking him when I noticed that he'd directed a lot of my favorite music videos. Michel doesn't do too much music video directing anymore so it was especially great to see him direct this episode. The two music videos in this episode were great but the second, Carol Brown, was especially the style that made me fall in love with Michel Gondry. If you know Gondry's work, you'll see it in that video. Above are some of my favorite Gondry videos, the flight of the conchords one is at top! Enjoy!

No comments: