Saturday, February 14, 2009

FEATURED CUSTOMER: Katherine Elizabeth

KEBLOG

Katie Elizabeth
Photographer
Dallas/Los Angeles
Age, 19

I found Katie on Flickr through a 365 project group. Katie is definitely the best! She's been taking a breathtaking photo for each day of 365 days and they're coming out beautifully! Her photos have such an imagination to them. It's obvious that she gets her inspiration from music. CLICK HERE to view more of Katie's work!

Q: Hey Katie, how are you?

A: I’m good, thanks!

Q: You're such a great photographer, who is your favorite photographer?
A: My favorite photographer is Annie Leibovitz! I know most people say she is quirky, but wow, what incredible work she does with painting her portrait scenes with light.

Q: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
A: I’m inspired mostly by my thoughts, feelings, or what I’m going through. Occasionally lyrics will help bring inspiration as well as books.

Q: If I were to go into your room, what would I see?
A: Well, since I’m living with my grandma, you’d see nothing that represents me at all! Just lots of pink floral bedspreads and wallpaper! Gah, talk about inspiration melt-down.

Q: Who are your favorite 3 musicians or bands?
A: The Format, Coldplay, Number One Gun

Q: Who is your style icon?
A: Kirsten Dunst. She’s so cute.

Q: What is one expression you say way too much?
A: I don’t really have an expression, but I add tag questions to my sentences a lot. Like “you know...” I try to make people see my side.

Q: What is the greatest movie ever made?
A: Pride and Prejudice.

Q: When did you first start taking photos?
A: When my family moved to Texas during my senior year of high school, I was hobby-less and mostly friend-less for the first couple weeks. My dad had been opening up moving boxes and showed me his Canon AE-1. So I borrowed it, snapped a roll of film, and the rest is history. Its been about 3 years now!

Q: What is your favorite part about editing your photos?
A: I love opening them, and finishing them. All the messy stuff in-between can sometimes be the worst and most frustrating part! The sigh of relief or accomplishment in the end is what I love most.

Q: Where is your favorite place to shop in your hometown?
A: Urban outfitters :)

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A: Have my BFA in Creative Photography in hand, ring on my left finger, drinking tea in my art gallery/studio, or being an active fashion photographer in magazine print work.

No comments: