1918 Vintage will be closed on 10/12/08 to observe Day Without A Gay! A nationwide peaceful protest of Prop 8. If you'd like to help out with this event, Join the Impact has written a lovely set of tips!
TEN TIPS ABOUT WHAT TO DO ON DECEMBER 10:
- Wake up for work on Wednesday December 10th... and call in GAY.
- Go to the bank and take $80 out of your account... put it in your pocket and KEEP IT THERE.
- Do not go get your morning latte
- Do not purchase anything
- Do not contribute to advertising revenue: Meaning, spend 24 hours of your life without TV & Internet
- Do not use your cell phone, even if you have unlimited minutes
- Instead, DO volunteer. Give to the community and reach out to those that don't understand our community. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.
- If you must spend, only do so at an LGBTQ owned establishment with an LGBTQ clientel
- You have weeks to prepare, so go grocery shopping now.
- VOLUNTEER. We are fighting for human rights, so let's take a day to fight for the rights of those in need. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.