Friday, January 30, 2009

FEATURED CUSTOMER: Kennedy Holmes



Kennedy Holmes
Age: 23
Secretary, Hat Collector Extraordinaire
Boston, USA
CLICK HERE to read Kennedy's blog

Kennedy Holmes is an all around amazing gal. We absolutely fell in love with her whimsical style and her love of vintage hats. She has the best natural beauty that we could not be more jealous of! Plus she has the best best best blog! We love our blogging customers and Kennedy is definitely one of the best. Plus, she makes the cutest little drawings.


Q: Hey Kennedy! How are you?
A: I'm great! Mostly still shocked and flattered you guys would think to feature me.

Q: You have such an ecclectic, relaxed style. Who would you say your style icon is?
A: That's always changing but forever I would say Sofia Coppola, Chloe Sevigny, and Kate Moss circa 1992

Q: What is the most important accessory that you can't live without?
A: Recently I've been really into hats. I've been collecting any big floppy vintage hats I can find, they are truly a blessing on unruly hair days.

Q: If you weren't living in Boston, where would you love to live?
A: I would have to say either Barcelona, Spain or San Francisco, CA. I've never been to either but I know I would love both.

Q: Who are your top 3 favorite musicians or bands?
A: I'm really bad about music actually, my favorite bands now are my same favorite bands from when I first got into music in high school. They are: T. rex, Ugly Cassanova, and Bob Dylan forever and forever.

Q: Where's your favorite place to shop in your hometown?
A: In my hometown of Charleston, SC my favorite place is Community Thrift which is this amazing warehouse filled with clothes, books, house decor, pots and pans, and beautiful jewelry. It's my all time favorite thrift store.

Q: If I were to go into your room, what would I see?
A: You'd see a pile of clothes 2 feet deep covering every available surface.

Q: What is the best film ever made?
A: King of Hearts, It's a 1966 french film about a soldier in the war who wanders into a deserted town thats only remaining occupants are the people who find their way out of the insane asylum.

Q: Do you have a catch phrase, or something you say way too often?
A: I want to eradicate the word "like" from my vocabulary.

Q: What is your favorite thing on sale now at 1918?
A: I like so so so much, but those Italian Ribbon shoes are pretty amazing.

No comments: